BACHELORS IN COMMERCE (BCOM)
University of Lucknow
About the Programme:
B.Com is an undergraduate degree designed to inculcate business acumen in students. This Programme focuses on developing proficiency in accountancy, taxation and finance. The programme facilitates students to pursue higher education in Management/Commerce and also in pursuing professional qualification such as CA, ACCA etc. The programme aims at developing Accountancy and Finance professionals to meet the Industry requirements.
Scope & Career Prospects:
You can pursue higher education after your graduation. You can pursue courses like MBA or M.Com.There are many certification courses in Commerce that the aspirants can opt for on completion of their graduation in Commerce. Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), ICWA, CFP and Company Secretary Ship (CS) are some of the available courses. They can also choose among Stock Broking or the relevant Computer courses like Tally and accounting softwares.
Three Years (Six Semesters). Semester wise Examination Pattern.
10+2 passed in any discipline with minimum 40% marks in aggregate at +2 level with either Commerce, Economics or Mathematics as one of the subjects. For SC/ST students, the eligibility will be reduced by 5%.
The admission shall be done on the basis of admission test & merit of XIIth marks (Intermediate level) & interview. The marks in percentage will be the aggregate of all subjects. Counseling Procedure:
Selected candidates would be required to bring the following at the time of Admission :
* Pay order/Demand Draft in favour of City Womens College, Ratankhand payable at Lucknow.
* Original mark-sheets and certificates of class X and class XII for verification.
* Photocopies of mark-sheets and certificates of class X and class XII (self attested).
* Character Certificate and transfer Certificate in original from the head of the institution form where the candidate has passed his/her last examination as regular candidate. TC and CC in original shall have to be submitted/surrendered at the time of admission.
* Original Caste Certificate issued by competent authority for claiming reservation under Government Rules.
The candidates selected for admission in college shall be required to pay revised fee/Balance Semester fee; any University examination fee which is decided by the University of Lucknow.
NOTE:The candidates selected for admission in college shall be required to pay revised fee/Balance Semester fee; any University examination fee which is decided by the University of Lucknow.
Award of Degree:
The degree of Bachelor in Commerce (B.Com) of the University of Lucknow shall be awarded to candidates who have pursued a regular course of study in the university and have fulfilled all the conditions and have passed the prescribed examinations.
Benefits of Bachelor in Commerce (B.Com) Degree:
The course aims to evolve highly mathematically oriented business students with high degree of quantitative problem solving skills & enable the student to understand intricacies of finance, marketing and HR. The syllabus is more detailed and advanced. City Womens college provides B.Com (Hons) include Indian and Foreign texts to keep students at par with international level. After the completion of the B.Com (Hons) course, an individual can pursue a career in the following fields:
* With a B.Com degree you are well prepared to be successful in both corporate and self employment.
* There are high job prospects for holders of this degree as all companies or businesses needs a commerce specialist, manager or at the very least an accountant.
* Familiarity in accounting offers you with an aptitude to comprehend and scrutinize financial reports and how they usually affect a business. A good knowledge in management and cost accounting practices is significant in decision making processes and in planning as well as evaluating the performance of a company's business activities.
* Management is an additional option provided in this degree course. This choice prepares students with the essential skills in analyzing, identifying and searching solutions to problems associated to management activities. It covers essential managerial processes such as Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing, Controlling, Coordinating, Reporting & Budgeting.
Advantages of Pursuing Bachelor in Commerce (B.Com)Degree from City Womens College, Ratankhand:
* WiFi & cafeteria.
* Experienced Regular & Visiting faculty for Best Education.
* Workshops, Seminars and Guest Lectures by Industry Professionals.
* Extra - curricular activities and personality development programs
* Scholarship available for deserving candidates.
* Best overall results of Lucknow University.
* Professional & disciplined campus environment.
* Confirmed admission in PG for top rankers of UG.
* Separate In house hostel facilities for girls with A/C and air cooled options.
* Transportation facility for students.
* Indoor & outdoor sports facility with gym & yoga.
* 24 hours CCTV intelligent surveillance.
* Most comprehensive library with E-books, journals, magazines and online database.